Skip to main content

What kind of doctor can check me for HSDD?

  • 1Response
  • Verified Response
    Answered 2 years ago

    Actually, there are several types of healthcare professionals that can diagnose HSDD. You can talk to your primary care physician (PCP), gynecologist, a sexual health specialist, a physician assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner (NP). Any of these may have expertise in dealing with HSDD, or can refer you to someone who does. Are you familiar with telemedicine? It’s a way to get access to certain kinds of healthcare professionals online. If you go that route, you can talk to healthcare professionals who are experienced in women’s health, right from the comfort of your own couch. (Instead of a table with a piece of paper pulled over it.)

    The important thing is this: If you have low sexual desire, and that’s frustrating for you, make an appointment with a healthcare professional you feel comfortable with. Get the conversation started. And get yourself ready in advance—take our Symptom Checker; check out our Doctor Discussion Guide; read our article on diagnosing HSDD. Talk to other women here at unblush. Many have been where you are and may be able to help.

    Remember, if you have HSDD, you have options. That whole “suffering in silence” thing? Let’s make it a thing of the past.

Answers have been closed.