Skip to main content

What is the recommended treatment for HSDD?

  • 11Responses
  • Verified Response
    Answered 5 months ago
    Hi, Gem. Your healthcare provider can determine the best treatment option for you. For more information, visit our website
  • Answered 4 months ago
    I disagree. I’ve told two different doctors about this problem and they said there’s nothing I can do. I’ve tried patches, creams and medication and they didn’t help.
  • Answered 3 months ago
    I really wish there was more information than “click this link and talk to your doctor”. Not everyone has the privilege of having healthcare in the US, so it would be nice to know what treatment options there are before paying $200 for a visit.
  • Answered 3 months ago
    I was told by my OBGYN nothing could be done. It was a “mental” thing.
  • Answered 3 months ago
    My GYN said the same thing and even went as far as recommending books about sexual abuse. He’s apart of an older generation that doesn’t believe HSDD is a thing unless trauma is present.
  • Answered 2 months ago
    My OBGYN actually told me to go to an adult store and purchase a toy so that I could remember what an orgasm was. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't that I couldn't remember I just didn't want it. She said that I needed to snap my brain out of it. Needless to say that's been about a year and half now and I'm still in the same boat.
  • Answered 2 months ago
    I have heard all of the above and more. The most appalling thing I heard was "maybe it's a sign that your marriage is in trouble"! ARGH!!! I thought I was gonna knock her out! Also, like Letterwoman, I have had all the creams and patches and even vaginal inserts that I have to do 3 times a week. That's REAL conducive to romance - NOT!!! A lot of medical professionals treat HSDD, and those who suffer from it, the exact same way that doctors treated PTSD and depression many years ago. I distinctly remember being told that I should "think happier thoughts" by a doctor in reference to my depression. Anyhow, I think that HSDD is one of those things that will take some time to "come out of the closet", as it were. In the meantime, I will keep looking for a doctor who actually has an open mind where these types of things are concerned. It's important to me.
  • Answered 2 months ago
    I have spoken to 4 different doctors and nurse practitioners MANY times over the last 5 years. All of them have told me there is nothing that can be done to treat or fix it. A couple even said something along the lines of “having sex with your husband doesn’t REQUIRE desire, so just suck it up and do it; so you don’t lose him to another woman that will have sex”. It is SO FRUSTRATING! And embarrassing to be spoken to like there is something wrong with me. Guess I’ll do some research and seek out a female doctor who specializes in female sex.🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Answered 2 months ago
    I am new to all this information. This is what I have been describing to drs, nurses, therapists, and my partner for the past 4 years. Not one of those medical professionals gave it a name. So here, I find a name. Great. Now for treatment. While not having a name, describing my symptoms to my drs I have been told by EVERYONE of them there is nothing that can be done. My OB had the nerve to say "if I could fix that problem I'd be the richest man in the world". Unfortunately any hope I found in giving my issues a real name are gone after reading all the women echoing the same sentiment. There is no treatment. There is nothing to be done. It just is what it is? I am only 36 years old. Have a loving partner and family. There is nothing "wrong" to speak of. Yet I have ZERO sexual desire. I started out feeling frustrated. Now its devastation that I feel. My worth as a woman, nonexistent. My poor partner, helplessly tries anything to make me feel better, or comfortable.
  • Answered 3 days ago
    GOD, that is so sad and appalling that so-called medical professionals could say the types of things described above and still sleep at night. It's a cop out. Maybe THEY are the ones with the crap-tastic sex lives. In any case, I feel sorry for their partners, especially the one who told Sarah40 to suck it up!!! If you are seeing a gynecologist who hasn't been in school in the last 10 years then you need a new one. There are things being taught in med school now that were not even whispered about 10 years ago. If your doctor is out of touch, you need to be out the door. Also, and this is not a slight against men but, a woman gynecologist is the only one that truly understands what is going on with/in a woman. Men are great for some things (well, most of the time!!) but gynecology is not one of them. Have you ever tried to describe cramps, or ANYTHING period related, with a man? They look at you like you have 2 heads! No comprendo!! Women understand women. Period. At any rate, NONE of you should not have to endure the condescension and the nonchalant attitudes that some of you have. It is unfortunate and extremely unprofessional on the part of the doctors and/or other healthcare provider. The "suck it up, buttercup" bs should not be accepted as normal by any standards. We all deserve respect and to be heard.
logged-out avatar